From 10 July 2023, Child Care Subsidy (CCS) is changing. Most families using child care will get more subsidy. Some families previously not eligible for CCS will now get it.
Broadly, changes are:
• The maximum amount of CCS is increasing from 85% to 90%
• Families earning $80,000 or less will get a CCS rate of 90%
• Families earning over $80,000 get a CCS rate that decreases by 1% for each
$5,000 of family income. This rate reaches 0% for families earning $530,000
• Families earning below $362,408 with more than one child aged 5 or under in care can still get a higher rate for their second and younger children
• Families with an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander child in their care can get at least 36 hours of subsidised care per fortnight.
Download Changes to Child Care Subsiy factsheet.
Visit the Department of Education to learn more.